When we who have been called can understand that we have a High Priest who washed us with His Blood, who became a sacrifice, once and for all to redeem us from sin and death, we cannot help but bow our hearts in worship of Him. This is the least we can do. When we realize and understand that we are made righteous in His sight, we would be compelled by our inner conviction to surrender our hearts unconditionally and (worship) live our lives in such a way that everything we are honors Him (Lifestyle).
Before the beginning of time, God ordained a new and better covenant, one that would make those who are called, righteous in His sight. This covenant came through the order of Melchizedek, our High Priest, Jesus Christ, the risen King, giving life, in abundance to all those who called on His holy name.
The excitement that is brewing in my heart as I write these words, is a reflection of what I continue to experience on my heaven bound journey. His grace has captivated my heart to the degree that I am consumed by Him so much so that it causes me to run hard after Him in my pursuit of His presence. What an awesome God!
Because of the finished work of the Cross, we are now in a far better position to live our lives as living sacrifices in honor of the One who laid His life down that we could worship Him in spirit and in truth. We have a responsibility to express our love to Him and the way we do this is by living our lives in such a way that it brings pleasure to Him.
It is absolutely imperative that we get this right. For generations we have lived our lives outside of understanding the work of the Cross and became motivated by our works. Even our attempts to honor Him were feeble because as it came from a place of self-righteous and not from a place of Truth. Once Christ righteousness opened up to us, and our understand of our position in Christ became clear, our reaction to Him changed from one of selfishness to selflessness (Worship).
Today, we have to know that God has called us to worship Him, to love one another and to love the lost... Everything else we do outside of this is not relevant and this order has to be restored in the church today so that the Light can shine through a vibrant church to a dying world. We have to learn to come back to being God-Centered, to the place where true worship envelopes a lifestyle of obedience (Worship) so that the world may know that Jesus Christ is the Risen Lord!
Now that grace has revolutionized our spiritual senses and our understanding of who we are in Christ has become a reality, worship will cause us to passionately focus our attention on our heavenly Father. It becomes the priority of every believer, in honor of His majesty. Our worship would never have been possible, if it was not for the sacrifice of the One who sits in the place of honor at the right hand of the Living God. And with grateful hearts we now bow down before the King in anticipation of the imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Church, we need to ensure that we are found, in submission to His lordship and serve Him in fear and trembling, humbly worshiping Jesus, for it was for this purpose that you were made right with God.
- Psalm 95:6 Come, let us worship and bow down.Let us kneel before the Lord our maker...
- Psalm 96:9 Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor.Let all the earth tremble before him...
- John 4:23-24 But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”
- John 9:31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.
- 1 Peter 3:15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.
- Revelation 14:7 “Fear God,” he shouted. “Give glory to him. For the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water.”
- Revelation 15:4 Who will not fear you, Lord,and glorify your name?For you alone are holy.All nations will come and worship before you,for your righteous deeds have been revealed.”
- Revelation 22:9 (Whole Chapter) But he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!”
We serve an awesome God... “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty— the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.” “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.”